thought we would write up a quick page on why our kitten
price is what it is and share with you some of a
- Yearly vaccines for all adults - distemper, rabies
and 2 kitten shots per kitten.
- Antibiotics and other medications for kittens,
adults, de-worming medicine for all adults and kittens.
- Then you have unexpected large expenses such as a
female might need a c-section, pyometra emergency
spays, seems like a few cats per year get some type of
expensive illness, also routine dentals and spays &
BREEDING SCREENING CLEARANCES
- We try and ultrasound the hearts on our all our
breeding cats yearly, especially every year for the
males. (roughly $150-$250 per cat)
- Recent DNA gene test on all breeding cats. ($60 per
- We also do some hip x-rays to make sure our cats do
not have hip dysplasia. (roughly $50-$100 per cat)
- Roughly each show costs about $500 a weekend. We have
travel expenses, food for us, show entry fees, one or
two nights hotel.
- All of our cats are registered in 2 associations,
TICA & CFA..
- Then we have to register the litters in each
- Any Championship, Grand Championship title has a claim
- Show supplies such as shampoo, grooming products, show
curtains & show tents.
- Cat litter
- Cat food (canned and dry)
- General supplies, cat boxes, cat toys, bed, scratching
posts, cat trees, cat carriers.
- A male breeding cat costs roughly $1200 - $2000 and
females are roughly $900 to $1500. Again that is
without shipping costs which can run up to $300.